Clean Up Before Kickoff: My Tips For A Quick Cleanup

“I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.”


 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias


For various reasons, the month of September is something special in this house.  For me, it's the month that fall starts & my obsession for pumpkins, plaids & apple scented are acceptable in public. For him, it's the beginning of football season.


Before husband & I met, I didn't watch football, unless I was forced against my will & had nothing better going on. I also had no idea how football actually worked. Downs... what were those? And the flags, what?!  But times have changed.

Football season means scheduling errands & activities around kickoff time. Football season meant we got married in the spring, rather than the fall, because, we can't conflict with that. Football season means eating ridiculous amounts of party food with our friends & family while cursing at the TV. Then the game is over & waiting for you is a kitchen full of dishes to be cleaned, scrubbed & leftovers to tend to.  That's why I've teamed up with Dollar General & #HomegatingHeroes to make cleaning up on Game Day a breeze.



I headed over to our local Dollar General to grab supplies to make game day effortless without breaking the bank; right now Dollar General is offering a Buy 3, Save $3 on all participating items, valid 9/24 through 10/21, perfect for stocking up for all those game day events.

My favorite clean up essentials always include:

Sparkle® Paper Towels, 6 Roll
Glade® Trash
Glade® Food Storage

Clean Up Before Kickoff: My Tips For A Quick Cleanup


Some of my best tips for never missing a moment of the action is cleaning up as you go & doing that is a team effort.

- Keep Sparkle® Paper Towels within reach everywhere for spills, messes, & sticky hands. Kids are always around for our Game Day viewing festivities.  Sparkle® Paper Towels offer full sheet design with enough absorbent power for six times its own weight.  If you only knew how much liquid sees my floors on any given day.

-Butcher paper: its a party host's best friend. I always use it as a cheap alternative to table clothes & toss it in our recycling bin when the party's over.



- We always have leftover snacks; or maybe I overcompensate & buy more than needed.  Either way, Glad® Food Storage bags are my favorite for sending home leftovers with friends or quick storage for those snacks that will be pulled out at a later date. Glad® Food Storage bags are equipped with a wide seal to keep those snacks & leftovers sealed, yet still easy enough for little hands to open on their own. Don't forget to pick up multiple sizes & ones for the freezer as well.



- Glad® Trash bags are crucial for game day.  I've learned if you have a trash can out with a fresh bag in it, people will actually use it. Don't be ashamed of your trash can; put it out for all the eyes in the room to see it.  With Glad® Trash bags, they fit perfect into your trash can, with enough stretch to hold even the heaviest items & contain extra reinforcement along the bottom, so nasty liquids don't line your path from kitchen to curb. As an added bonus, Glad® Trash bags also come with odor blocker scents like Mediterranean Lavender, which makes taking out the trash, not so repulsive.


With the help of my essentials, we are able to spend more time cheering on our favorite team & less time dealing with the clean up from our favorite time of year, Game Day! Be sure to stop in your local Dollar General to stock up & save.

No comments

Post a Comment