Give Me All The Lipstick


I have an obsession. Well if we're being honest, several.  They range from cutesy socks, oversized coffee mugs, woodsy & man scented candles, writing utensils & lip colors.  I think they are all tied for first place.


I used to be the type of girl who could run out the door without a dabble of makeup on my face & feel completely "normal." And then age happened.  Now I find myself smearing on a little bit of this & a little bit of that to even things out, brighten things up & basically feel alive before going anywhere.  But something about a good lipstick makes everything feel complete.

It usually ends up being something pink or pinky-brown, but between my bathroom drawers, makeup bag & purse, it looks like something out of a lipstick factory. Mostly matte, because that feel of not wearing any, but wearing some, is I think, the best feeling in the world. I'm sure I don't even come close to being a top contender for owning the most, but I find myself getting there rather quickly.

Most of my stash are drugstore brand, with a handful of Sephora style store brands thrown in. I love me a good dupe. I'm definitely no beauty blogger, but you can find my current favorites below.



NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte Lip Cream // Milan & London are current favorites, but I'm working on getting more added.  I actually mix these two together for the perfect "nude" shade for errand day

e.l.f. Matte Lip Color // I actually have a couple of these, but Tea Rose is my go-to

Wet N Wild MegaLast Lip Color // I think for the price, this is my absolute favorite matte color. Usually around $2 a tube, there's no guilt in stocking up on them.  Don't Blink Pink (I'm wearing it here), Mauve Outta Here & Wine Room are my top contenders. I'm working through some reds (I recently acquired Stoplight Red) looking for the perfect dark red for the holidays.  Stay tuned for what I find.

Tarteist® Creamy Matte Lip Paint // I just discovered this one; I've been living under a rock.  This matte is amazing & I find myself slathering it on several times a week.  I only have Birthday Suit right now (it was a free gift at Sephora!) & I want more.

e.l.f. Professional Lip Exfoliator // Not exactly a lip color, but this is my favorite lip exfoliator. It comes in a nice brown sugar, so the taste is newsworthy. For $3, it deserves a place in your cart.

LipSense // I have several colors & use these mainly for date nights & when I need a good red that won't be everywhere. Blu-Red & Brick are my picks for reds & Kiss Me Katie is the ultimate pop of pink that I live for.


You can find all my list of things here.

No comments

Post a Comment