#PlayPauseRefresh With Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayBundle #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias


I love food. It really isn't a secret or classified information. Even more so, when someone mentions a get together, my mind, or maybe it's my stomach, automatically goes to, "Ok! What kind of food should I bring?" It doesn't matter the reason for the get together, but there's something about fall & football season, that gets me eagerly excited about all the eating that takes place. Maybe it has something to do with being a man's sport, but tag me in, because I'm all about the snackage at tailgating/watching parties. 


In my mind, there are different styles of game day spreads; you have the full meals & then you have the hearty finger food spreads, which is more my speed to give me the best #PlayPauseRefresh experience. One of those finger food items that is always on the top of my list for game day are Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos.  It may be a Texas thing, but stuffing a jalapeno with cheese & wrapping in bacon; life doesn't get much better than that. I make ours in the oven, which is even easier, because you won't miss a single play tending to a grill.  I'm sharing my recipe for these delightful bites below. 

More important than your food is your drink. I have teamed up with COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR & it is the perfect beverage for game day. Game Day was upon us, as well as grocery day, so I headed to my local Randall's to get my supplies. COKE ZERO SUGAR comes in a variety of sizes, but the minis are my favorite for easy handling & they don't take up too much space in the fridge or the cooler. Pair a Coca-Cola Mini with a Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno & you're set up with the perfect #GameDayBundle




Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos:

7 jalapenos
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheese
7 slices of bacon
toothpicks
latex/nonlatex gloves, keeps all that jalapeno juice off your hands


1. Preheat oven to 400° F & line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Set aside. 

2. Put your gloves on. With a knife, cut the stem end off your jalapenos & then cut pepper in half length-wise, giving you 14 pepper halves.  Also, cut bacon slices in half to give you 14 slices.

3. De-seed & remove the insides of each pepper half, leaving you with just the pepper "shell." Set them aside.

4. In a small bowl, mix together shredded cheese & cream cheese.

5. Spoon mixture into pepper shell.  Wrap pepper with a slice of bacon & secure bacon to pepper with a toothpick, inserted through the bacon, pepper & out the other side. 

6. Repeat step 5 for remaining pepper halves.

7. Bake in oven 20 minutes or until bacon has reached desired level of crispiness. 

Enjoy with your COKE ZERO SUGAR. Besides taking up little space in your cooler, COKE ZERO SUGAR has just that, zero sugar, but still maintains that classic Coca-Cola taste; for me that means saving calories for more food eating, because well, that's how I roll. 


What's your game day watching style? Is your family a full spread style family with all the fixings or do you cheer on your team with finger foods like us?

Show us how you #PlayPauseRefresh for a change to win a $25 gift card or even a grand prize package including a 55" television, a sound bar, a TV stick, and a catered viewing party. For more information on how to enter, please click here.


As a part of #PlayPauseRefresh, be sure to head to your favorite Albertson's, Randall's or Tom Thumb store & look for the Coca-Cola end cap display to stock up on Coca-Cola products during their sale running through 10/4.



No comments

Post a Comment