Seasons Are Changing


Wow. Ok. I have quite a bit of explaining to do.  This blog of mine has taken a backseat to my life lately & now I find myself picking it back up, but with plenty of questions for myself.

Life in our household has been going through many changes over the last couple of months.

We are finally settled in our house. We are finding our pace & learning all the quirks of our new hacienda.  The love/hate relationship I have with my dishwasher is a good one for another day.

We are also experiencing the monsoon season & I am rather fond of the storms that Arizona can produce.  I am also quickly figuring out where everything is & places I love & love to hate.

We also started Kindergarten!  This has been our biggest hurdle.  While we have experienced several bumps getting going, we are learning what works & doesn't work for Benjamin in terms of getting over mom not being there with him.  It's a struggle. I also find myself learning to find myself.

The last 5 1/2 years have been completely dedicated to being a mom.  Practicing our numbers, baths, saying please and thank you & always having a sidekick is something I had become accustomed to.  Now I'm having to learn new ways.  I find myself pondering what to do with myself without this new found freedom; cleaning & tidying has become somewhat cathartic to me.  It helps pass the time.  But now I find myself volunteering for the school & trying to find my place.  I also find myself trying to put myself out there more & make some mom friends.  That has to be the roughest thing everrrrrr; finding a new tribe a 1000 miles from your old one.

So yeah, things are changing, emotions are strong.  And this blog has been moved back to the frontseat to get some more one on one attention.  I'm not totally sure where I want to take it yet.  Before it felt like a jumbled mess to me & now I feel like it needs direction; solid direction.  I don't want to be a food blog or a DIY blog or anything specific, but it needs clarity.  Give me some, give me some feedback.

I love sharing my menu planning & how that works so well for us, but don't expect to see me laying out food posts regularly.  I feel like this should be motherhood & making it through life the best way I know how: lots of valor, lots of water, coffee & lots of hugs from my little. Bear with me.

No comments

Post a Comment