Apple Picking



Apple Orchards... Visiting one has always been on my autumn bucket list, but living in Texas, not something I had ever been able to check off. I'd like to blame the completely unpredictable weather & terrible soil conditions.

Then moving to Arizona happened.

We heard about Apple Annie's shortly after moving to Arizona & quickly added to our activities list. It's about an hour and half east (ish) from us & the weather is much different than where we are in Tucson, so it's a nice retreat for the day.  It was about 15 degrees cooler the day we went & holy gosh, it was glorious.

Apple Annie's is actually two locations, one with the orchards & the other with vegetable fields & pumpkin patch; only separated by a few miles. We did both a couple of weekends ago, but I only got really good photos at the orchards, because well, I was completely smitten with all the gourds and pumpkins.

Some photos from our day:



Top notch picking skills.  I am still working through all the apples and pears that we picked.



Besides picking, they have food for purchases, including their super tasty, hot & fresh cider doughnuts.  I ate way too many & have been thinking about them ever since.


Rows and rows of sunflowers!

If you are in the area, be sure to stop by for a visit.  Picking supplies are provided: wagons, wheelbarrows, clippers, produce bags.

No comments

Post a Comment