Grand Canyon - South Rim

Venturing to the Grand Canyon has been on our Arizona road trips since we moved here a year ago.  I mean, it is hard living here & not ever experiencing it. Yes, I just said experience, because it really is an experience.

I tried to imagine in my head what it would be like.  I have seen several movies over my almost 35 years with the Grand Canyon in it & what I saw in person versus in the movie was totally different.  For whatever reason, your head can't really wrap around how big & expansive the Grand Canyon actually is.

We allotted one of our days from our "Northern Arizona Tour" (more on that later) to seeing the Grand Canyon & with a 6 year old in June, I felt like it was totally an adequate amount of time. We spent 3 hours exploring the grounds & the south rim itself & already have on our agenda to go back.  Next time though, we want to ride burros to the bottom. Yes, it's a thing! I would be okay floating the Colorado River through it to, but that's me.

One nice perk about the park, they have plenty of lodging, a market for all last minute grocery needs & dining options, if cooking isn't up your alley. There are also several lodging options just outside the park gates, along with a handful of dining options ranging from your trusty McDonald's to some mom and pop places & Starbucks. We actually got an Airbnb in Flagstaff for our entire tour stay, so it worked out perfectly driving in for the day.

A few of my favorite photos from our first Grand Canyon trip are below.




If you don't take any ledge standing pictures, did you actually even go to the Grand Canyon?

See more of our travels here.

No comments

Post a Comment