My Perfect Way to Celebrate the First Day of Summer


Happy First Day of Summer! Well yesterday.  We have been summer for awhile now, well before the official start of summer, but that's Arizona for you.  We aren't exactly known for our balmy temperatures, now are we? I will give ourselves credit; we are very good at finding the air conditioning though.  Now you understand why we are at the library so much; a/c, kids activities and endless books. Yes, please.

Let's rewind really quickly though.  Thursday, 4pm: Benjamin was begging to go swimming, but it was 104 & the sun was blazing, so it was a hard no from me. I did what a good mom did though, I offered to swim Friday morning.

I will admit something before we continue. It didn't even cross my mind that the first day of summer was coming up.  My brain has somehow forgotten how to keep up with the random holidays & dates like that. Then after some early morning Instagram scrolling my brain caught on & I felt super proud; swimming on the first day of summer. Major mom win!


We were in our suits, water cups filled & poolside by 10am.  It does help some that we have our own pool.  It was a requirement on my home ownership in Arizona list.  It also helps that Benjamin doesn't believe in sleeping in past 7 on a realllly good day.

And that is how we celebrated our first day of summer. Pretty stellar, I know.

But what if you don't have a pool?  Don't worry, I have some solutions to help you beat the heat.

1. Find a friend with a pool.  Now this might be a process.  First, find that friend. Next, figure out the things they love most that you can attain: Starbucks, chewy sugar cookies, Chickfila, everything at Target, you get the idea.  Then, butter them up real good with said items.  Finally, when your friend is all happy, suggest a pool day. They will say yes, guaranteed. Boom, you're welcome!

or

2. Watch a really good Christmas movie.  I'm not talking a cheesy, low rent kind.  I'm talking a good classic, preferably with lots of snow in it.  Serve up some Popsicles, ice cream or other yummy summertime treats & enjoy.  Christmas movies always give me the cool weather feels.  We may or may not have watched the newest Grinch before swimming to celebrate the first day of summer. 

Don't judge us.  We do the first day of summer hard.  I kid, it just so happened to work out in my favor & I will take credit anywhere I can. It's what moms do, or at least this mom does.

Below are some more poolside photos from our day of solstice.

 

Peace out friends! Stay cool!

No comments

Post a Comment